BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mason Jennings - Blood of Man -2009-
(Folk, Rock)

The new Mason Jennings album was thought out, written, and recorded over the span of only a couple of weeks. Jennings calls this album "an introspective look at life as we age and tumble through it. I wrote about death, of course. I wrote about life. I wrote about pain and addiction. And I let it flow and left it raw. I worked fast and I let my heart lead." Mason is a fantastic songwriter and the feel of this album is definitely more raw and dark than previous ones, but it comes across as a powerful album. There are no standout singles here, but what we do get is an album we can crank up and feel. For example "The Field" looks at the current conflict in Iraq through the eyes of parents who have lost a child to the war. The song is drenched in grief and it's hard not to feel real emotion when Jennings sings, "I don't want a victory. I just want you back". This dark gem may not rank as his best or catchiest album, but it may be the hardest to get out of your head.


Mason Jennings - City of Ghosts


Mason Jennings - The Field


Mason Jennings - Black Wind Blowing


Mason Jennings - Sing Out

0 comments: